- OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
You Could Win a Free Monthly Transit Pass
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The You Could Win a Free Monthly Transit Pass Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 113, 812 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3K 1E5 (the “Sponsor”). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of Toronto only, who are eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on March 15, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on June 25, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted. Fifteen (15) weekly prize draws will be conducted from all eligible entries received before the end of each weekly contest period and previous weekly contest periods.
Weekly Contest Closing Dates (Weekly Prizes):
- March 18, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- March 25, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- April 1, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- April 8, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- April 15, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- April 23, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- April 30, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- May 7, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- May 14, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- May 21, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- May 28, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- June 4, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- June 11, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- June 18, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- June 25, 2021 at 12:01 p.m. ET.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter by electronically submitting your first name, last name, postal code, and e-mail address at www.contest.onguardforyou.ca. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor's server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit one (1) entry and one (1) prize per person. Entries will be carried over to subsequent weekly prize periods with fifteen chances to win for each entry.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter this Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of fifteen (15) $156.00 cash prizes available to be won (the cost of a Monthly Transit Pass).
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received before the end of each weekly contest period.
7. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On March 19, 2021, March 26, 2021, April 2, 2021, April 9, 2021, April 16, 2021, April 23, 2021, April 30, 2021, May 7, 2021, May 14, 2021, May 21, 2021, May 28, 2021, June 4, 2021, June 11, 2021, June 18, 2021, and June 25, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. ET at 812 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3K 1E5 (the “Draw Dates”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received during the relevant weekly contest period and entries received during prior weekly contest periods and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if he/she meets all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within three (3) days of each weekly draw and will be contacted by the e-mail provided at the time of entry into the Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to three attempts will be made to contact each Selected Entrant. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release form must be received by Sponsor no later than July 2, 2021, which may be sent to: [email protected]. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook and Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including, but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in this Contest or be awarded a prize, including, but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in this Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the date the Contest is cancelled.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, all as may be edited, translated or otherwise modified by the Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, for the administration of this Contest, research, advocacy or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Ontario including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
©Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 113, 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Do you like this?